New art, HandmadeNews.org feature, and "Art and Advocacy" at 92% with 14hrs to go (eek!)

>> Monday, November 2


This widget automatically updates every time someone pledges. Cool!

Wow, oh wow, folks, "Art and Advocacy" is nearly there! Only 14 hours to go. That means we need about $7.50/hr for a total of $105. I'm sure we can make it, but we need your help!

I know there's a few of you still on the fence out there. How about it? Seriously, look in your wallet--got four quarters and a dime? Can you spare it? It would help tremendously and I'd love you forever. Oh wait, I already do love you forever. :) But still, I would really appreciate it.


Screenshot of the HandmadeNews.org feature

Also, this project and my artwork were recently featured on Handmade News, a wonderful craft blog for artists by artists. Check it out. :)

CLICK HERE for the rest of the post


Home stretch.. This is it, folks--if we are even a dollar short, it's over, and no money gets pledged. But if we are at or over $1250, well, I'll have some serious painting to do!

Peace,

-Emily

P.S. Some weekend paintings:


The latest in my tiny pond series: a Japanese maple leaf


a second tiny Ugandan Sun


The beginnings of my largest Ugandan Sun to date: 9"x12"



a close-up of the pencil-work



My favorite beer keeping me company while I worked. Yum. :)



a few hours later ...



what it looked like just before I headed off to bed

2 comments. Leave a comment.:

Anonymous,  Nov 3, 2009, 1:43:00 AM  

Hi Emily! I hope you make your goal--if I wasn't in a soup line myself....well, you get the picture! I know how expensive starting up an Etsy biz is, been doing it for a few months now! Color me in the hole! But fun stuff--can't wait to see your work for sale! By the way, love the maple leaf, reminds me...pancakes anyone?

Emily Elizabeth Stevenson Nov 3, 2009, 9:28:00 AM  

Don't worry, Loren, money means a lot, but love and encouragement mean more, so thank you. :) I'm really excited for the money to clear and to begin buying my equipment. Love your new diamond hair clippies!
-Em

Post a Comment

Please leave us a note! All comments are moderated so please give us a little while to review your comment before it shows up on the post.

Peace,

Emily & Caleb

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP