Guitar Papercutting, in Honor of Michael

>> Thursday, May 13


So here is my second papercutting--it took me about a week. Michael's love of music inspired me, so thanks, bro! Here's how I did it:

I drew a guitar shape onto a piece of paper, cut it out and then scanned it. Then I scanned sheet music from the themes to Jurassic Park, Chariots of Fire and Jaws. I cut and pasted music and musical symbols onto the guitar image in OpenOffice Draw, then enlarged and varied the angles to give the image a random and eclectic look.


I chose a funky font for Michael's name and the words "guitar" and "music" and added those in. I made all images 50% transparent so that I could see everything, and printed it out.


Then I sketched in random designs like stars and swirls with a pencil, and began the long process of carving out the image.


I was planning to spray paint the image white over a nice sheet of black paper and produce a negative image and two works of art, but I'm not as happy with the quality as I wanted to be so I'm going to retry the idea and be more careful to have even lines and a more balanced composition this time. Stay tuned!

0 comments. Leave a comment.:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a note! All comments are moderated so please give us a little while to review your comment before it shows up on the post.

Peace,

Emily & Caleb

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP