Capturing Shadows

>> Wednesday, October 21

"We travelers, walking to the sun, can't see
Ahead, but looking back the very light
That blinded us shows us the way we came,
Along which blessings appear, risen,
As if from sightlessness to sight, and we,
By blessing brightly lit, keep going toward
That blessed light that yet to us is dark."

~Wendell Berry

Thus Mr. Berry introduces us to Katie Tricarico's blog, Capturing Shadows.



Kate and I grew up in the same church; her father was the pastor. Wednesdays they opened their home to my father and I for food, laughter, singing and bible study. Nearly five years ago Uganda called her family to be missionaries, and in the isolated regions of Karamoja Kate began blogging about her new life and all the adventures therein, her wit, humor and gracious heart dancing out of my screen and flinging her words into my enchanted soul.

Now, studying abroad in Rome, she continues to delight me every time Google announces another post. Won't you care to join me?

0 comments. Leave a comment.:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a note! All comments are moderated so please give us a little while to review your comment before it shows up on the post.

Peace,

Emily & Caleb

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP