Circular business card problem--help! Oh, and an updated blog layout

>> Friday, November 13

You may have noticed that I have been tweaking the blog layout a bit, trying to put the more relevant info at the top. I also introduced "jumps" into my longer blog posts to decrease page-loading times. What do you think?

Meanwhile I've been working on designing business cards, and ending up making them into magnets instead. Oops, is that bad? Ah, I laugh at myself. But I do like them, they're pretty. The trouble is that my husband and I have gotten it into our heads that we want 2" black circular business cards with silver writing and possibly a dark red flower (as the logo), and here in the English-speaking world one writes in lines. Circles + lines = Difficult To Reconcile. Any suggestions? I'm a little stumped, though I found this blog post featuring creative business-card designs has re-ignited my creative willpower.

And please take a moment to vote in our poll to the right. Voting ends on Tuesday!

2 comments. Leave a comment.:

Fairy Cardmaker, Lisa Nov 17, 2009, 6:48:00 PM  

Search for Microsoft Word text shapes. I know there is a way to write in a shape (word art?) in MS Word. Perhaps you could design it that way and then print it to PDF to crop down to the circle? Send it to a printer? Or you could have a white rectangle with the black circle in the centre.

Or,get a smaller circle, trace around it lightly in pencil and then follow the line while you write and then erase the line later.

Just some thoughts.
-Lisa.

Emily Elizabeth Stevenson Nov 18, 2009, 9:08:00 AM  

Hi, Lisa! Not a bad idea at all--I'll definitely give it a whirl and see how it goes!

Peace,

Emily

Post a Comment

Please leave us a note! All comments are moderated so please give us a little while to review your comment before it shows up on the post.

Peace,

Emily & Caleb

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP