Humanity, in black and white: Part I

>> Wednesday, November 4

Just went through my account on DeviantArt.com and weeded out 50+ pages of my favorites. Phew! It's literally been years since my last purge.

It's interesting to see how my taste has changed over the years. One constant, though, is my love of black and white photography. I've always admired the work of Andrea Brito (which I earlier featured here), and there are so many other skilled photographers on Deviant Art, I decided to collect the best of the B&W (in my humble opinion) into a series of posts featuring strictly that genre. Here is the first collection. Enjoy.

View Part I
Part II
Part III
Part IV
Part V
(As always, click on the pictures for a better look.)


Even grass can contain a world of its own.


Mom says, C'mon, time to go! One of the newer photos on DA.

CLICK HERE for the rest of the post



by ~HMsa
"Homeless" ... even the smallest need love.






It's easy to use strength to bash and maim and hurt. But to channel it through gentleness, through love? That is rare and precious indeed.


Feminine confidence, unabashed beauty. She sees so many things yet tells nothing. I love the intrigue in this photo.


A mouse offering a rabbit a little morsel in friendship ... how could this delightful photo have only 39 favorites?


She peeks at you from between the flowers, and the vision is barely seared into your eyes before she is gone... An older deviation (circa 2005) but a beauty.


by ~TOYIB
Music is powerful, who needs a machine when it sings in your own heart?


So many deep thoughts for such a small girl.


Well, I guess that's one way to get your kid clean!


Sometimes the beauty cannot be seen but in reflection ...


I love the sheer joy that only children seem capable of feeling. When's the last time you felt that good?

Go fly a kite. :)

2 comments. Leave a comment.:

Anonymous,  Nov 5, 2009, 10:26:00 PM  

Love your taste in b/w photos. Aren't kids just grand? ;o) Art meets real life drama. xox-Loren

Scott Alexander Nov 12, 2009, 3:16:00 PM  

Thank you so much for featuring one of my photos :)

Post a Comment

Please leave us a note! All comments are moderated so please give us a little while to review your comment before it shows up on the post.

Peace,

Emily & Caleb

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP